I use to be a big lover of pasta in my days. I could eat it every day for lunch and dinner and never get bored. It probably was biggest sacrifice for me when I change my diet to low carb. But I was very determined to stick to my plan.
When I worked in Italian restaurant we had this lovely pasta dish with garlic prawns and this recipe low carb version.
I discovered zoodles not that long time ago and I think they are really good healthy option. I prefer to get rid of as much moisture out of zucchini as I can then final dish don’t have all this juice in the end. It’s nice served with Parmesan cheese on the top.
Here it is my zoodles with prawns recipe.
- Serves: 2
- Serving size: 1
- Calories: 301
- Fat: 16.5
- Carbohydrates: 13.6
- Fiber: 3.8
- Protein: 34.7
- 1 medium zucchini
- ½ large sweet red pepper
- ½ large yellow red pepper
- 300 g large peeled prawns
- ½ medium Red Onion
- 1 clove garlic (or can use garlic powder)
- 1 tbsp dark soya sauce (optional)
- Oil for frying
- salt and black pepper to taste
- Make zoodles using special tool, machine or just use vegetable peeler.
- Sprinkle little bit of salt and leave in colander for a few minutes. Then using cheese cloth remove moisture out of zoodles.
- Slice onions and peppers in thin long pieces.
- Heat the oil in frying pan and add onions and peppers. Cook until almost ready. Then add zucchini and cook for a few more minutes. Shouldn't take long time. It depends how well you want your zucchini cooked. I personally prefer about half cooked.
- At the same time heat the oil in the second frying pan. Add garlic and cook for a few minutes. Then add prawns and cook until ready.
- Combine prawns with vegetables and cook for couples of minutes more.
- Add soy sauce, salt, pepper.
- Serve and enjoy