I have this recipe for quite a while and using it all the time. It’s so simple to make. I even don’t remember where I found it but at the time it was my low-carb life saver. It was one of my first recipes with almond flour and after months without bread it tasted delicious.
I tried a few different variations: with cheese, with bacon, with cheese and bacon, with herbs. All of them worked out well.
Here is basic recipe. Fell free experiment and let me know.
- Serves: 9
- Serving size: 1
- Calories: 119
- Fat: 11.2
- Carbohydrates: 0.8
- Sugar: 0.4
- Fiber: 0.4
- Protein: 3.1
- ¾ Cup Almond flour or almond meal
- 2 Large Eggs
- 5 Tbsp Butter
- 1.5 tsp Baking powder
- 1.5 tsp Sweetener of your choice (optional)
- Combine almond flour, baking powder and sweetener in a bowl
- Whisk in eggs
- Add melted butter to mixture and whisk
- Divide mixture equally into muffin pan. I used small pan and got 9 buns. If you use bigger pan you probably will get about 6.
- Bake for 12-15 minutes at 175C
- Let cool and enjoy!