Fancy fish for dinner? This baked cod with mozzarella cheese is a great option. I love combination of fish and fresh mozzarella. Add some vegetables to the mix and you will get a tasty dish. It’s low in carbs and calories, but full of goodness. It works with any type of white fish. Serve with your favorite vegetables or salad.
Baked Cod with Vegetable and Mozzarella Cheese
- 300 g 3 fillets white fish - I used cod
- 1 medium celery stalk
- 1/2 medium red onion
- 1 red sweet pepper
- 100 g fresh mozzarella
- 1 tbsp mayonnaise optional
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 1 tsp lemon juice
- salt and pepper for seasoning
- Preheat oven to 200C
- Season fish with salt, pepper and lemon juice
- Place on the baking dish and sprinkle with olive oil
- Bake in the oven for about 10 minutes.
- Meanwhile dice vegetable and cook the in the frying pan until half cooked
- Remove fish from the oven and place vegetable on the top of the each fillet
- Sprinkle with little bit of mayo (optional)
- Top with sliced mozzarella
- Cook for additional 15 minutes.
- Serve and enjoy!