I am a big fan of easy dishes and that one of them. With my busy life I always try to create and cook something quickly. Lately we are very often (at least 6 day a week) have fish or seafood for dinner and that’s great. But at the same time sometimes it’s a little bit of headache for me because same dishes over and over again are boring.
I used cod fillets for this recipe but you can use any fish you like. I tried haddock and salmon before and it worked fine.
For the cheese sauce I recommend to use red cheddar cheese then you get more thicker sauce that much better for baking in the oven. I made this sauce with mild white cheddar a few times and it was to thin for my liking. But feel free to experiment.
This recipe one of my family favorites. Even my oldest daughter who is not a big fan of broccoli or fish loves this dish. It’s probably cheese sauce that make all thing edible for her.
- 1 medium head broccoli separated into florets
- 4 cod fillets or any white fish
- ½ cup cream
- ¾ cup grated red cheddar cheese
- ½ tsp garlic powder
- Salt and pepper to taste
- 1 tsp lemon juice
- Preheat oven to 200C
- Steam or boil broccoli florets slightly. Leave on the side.
- Season fish fillets with salt, pepper, garlic an lemon juice. Leave it for a few minutes.
- Place dish with fish in the oven and cook for about 7-10 minutes.
- Take fish out of the oven and spread broccoli over fish evenly.
- Pour cheese sauce over and bake for about 15-20 min
- Pour cream into the small sausepan and bring to boil.
- Add a bit of salt, garlic and pepper and reduce the heat.
- Add cheese and stir until smooth.